Checking to see if the INS is relevant to you
Reading time 5 min
Take few minutes to test if the INS is relevant to you
If you answer "YES" to the 3 questions below, you must implement the INS.
Does your software process personal health data?
- Important: The CNIL’s definition of health data is broad. Make sure you read it before you answer.
Read the CNIL’s definition of health data: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/quest-ce-ce-quune-donnee-de-sante
Is your solution involved in any of the following tasks or activities:
- Care for the user (hospital, office, telemedicine, etc.)
- Social care monitoring for that person (social care facilities and services, coordination, etc.)
- Prevention actions
Is your solution used by one or more of the following categories of users?
- Healthcare professionals (self-employed or salaried) and members of a care team (a care team is a group of professionals who participate in care, social care monitoring, or the coordination of more than one of these acts (article L1110-12 of the Public Health Code)).
- Healthcare facilities and services (whatever their status and the nature of their activity)
- Health centres and clinics
- Armed forces medical corps
- Social care professionals, facilities, or services
- Teams at Regional disability advice centres (MDPH)
- Coordination, shared practices, or health or social care coordination structures (e.g. Regional healthcare coordination authority (GHTs), healthcare networks, coordination support systems (DACs), etc.)
- Organisation involved in prevention, care, or social care monitoring
The INS is relevant to you
In order to determine what actions you will need to take to implement the INS, you must first identify the nature of your softwareIdentifying the nature of my software