4 questions to improve your candidacy for a collaborative project
Key factors in your approach
You’re planning an application for a collaborative project, but have you really taken all of the project’s aspect into account?
A few basics to follow in order to best prepare your application for a collaborative project
1 - #Governance
Who is leading your project?
- If you start a project without having the broad outlines of its governance validated by your legal and R&D departments, you’ll end up spending a lot of your time discussing issues like deliverables and intellectual property among yourselves, instead of describing and specifying the project, its ambition and its benefits.
- Are there one or two "main" leaders?
Tip: The juries appreciate clear governance confirmed in advance.
2 - #Environment
Do you know your environment well?
Do you know the target market, the competitors, the distribution model, the regulations? If not, you’ll have a hard time answering the jury's questions accurately.
In this competitive environment, what are your main strengths? (partners have synergy or experience, project’s current maturity, existing customer base, patent portfolio, rare and recognised expertise, support from key opinion leaders, etc.)
3 - #ROI
What is the ROI of your service?
- All grants expect a return on investment; the jury will expect estimates of the value to be generated by the funding.
Tip: Identify all aspects of the value generated: Medical, financial, organisational, etc.
4 - #Presentation
Don't miss the chance to make a good first impression
- Are you applying for an international competition? If so, will the speaker be fluent in the appropriate language? If not, you’re wasting your time, as you’ll have little chance of winning.
- All partners must speak
- You won't get a second chance to make a good first impression: Are you equipped to present your project effectively?
Tip: Don't hesitate to call in an expert for this type of project (business cluster, etc.)
Some keys to presenting your collaborative project
Download a sample application